Leisure 17 easy project

Leisure Yachts for Sale, Advertise a Leisure Yacht here - free for 6 months. Members can post adverts directly, non members may e-mail adverts to marketplace@leisureowners.org.uk This forum contains a sub-forum for Yachts Wanted.
Roger Crockford
England
Name: Crockford
Region: East
Boat Name: Giselle
Yacht Type: Leisure 23SL
Other Boat Type: Leisure 17 - Catton

Leisure 17 easy project

Post by Roger Crockford »

I bought this boat as an easy project but due to limited time as my work has now changed I don’t think I will have the time to finish it.
The rubbing strake was broken by the last owner and is all there in bits. I was going to cut a new one out of either Utile or Oak, both of which I have available at work and can do for any new owner.
Exterior
It is in reasonable condition and save for a good clean the only real job is to find a new grab rail port side for the cabin roof.
Interior
The original draw/ unit is there and could do with a clean and varnish as could the table. The cushions are all there and serviceable but look original to the boat. There is no portable toilet which was missing when I bought the boat
Hull
Most of the anti foul has been scrapped off and with only a little more scraping it’s ready for a new coat. There is a new outboard mount made ready to be bolted to the hull and a good second hand lift up stainless unit comes with the boat ready to be installed
Rigging
The mast, boom, roller reefing and stainless rigging lines look to be complete although I have never rigged it.
Anchor
Kedge style as supplied new with the boat is there but there is no chain/ warp
Trailer
The trailer would look to be the original one supplied with the boat and is in very good condition. The brakes and bearings were serviced by the last owner and the boat Towed home beautifully behind my van.

There is a little work to do but it shouldn’t take too long..!
The boat is in Beccles Suffolk and I am almost always around for collection. If the boat is paid for in advance with a fee to cover the fuel I am happy to deliver it so just message for a quote to deliver to your door.
Trailer/ boat / stuff listed above £750.00
07801 493818
Attachments
39E17EC5-41E6-43E7-8230-EF4BAB865677.jpeg
(2.69 MiB) Downloaded 86 times