L23 Require - Bow Top Window Hatch - Tiller Extension - Cooker - Entrance Door to Main Cabin

Buy or sell Equipment to Leisure Yacht owners here - free for six months. Members can post adverts directly, non-members may e-mail adverts to webmaster@leisureowners.org.uk
M4mark1
England
Region: South
Boat Name: Phoenix
Yacht Type: Leisure 23

L23 Require - Bow Top Window Hatch - Tiller Extension - Cooker - Entrance Door to Main Cabin

Post by M4mark1 »

Hi Require the above for a Leisure 23 I have recently bought
Last edited by M4mark1 on 09 Sep 2020, 06:58, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Newton
Administrator
Region: East
Yacht Type: None

Re: L23 Require - Bow Top Window Hatch - Tiller Extension - Cooker - Entrance Door to Main Cabin

Post by Greg Newton »

Fir the first two, have a look on the main site on the Repair Parts page.
Hurst Marine can help with those.

THe cooker might be a little more tricky due to the requirements of having a gas locker that can vent outside the boat, unless you buy a small camping-type stove that can be removed.

Main cabin is really a home-made part, really.
It's basically a plywood sheet cut to fit then varnished several times over. Perhaps get hold of a local carpenter that can measure you the companionway?
The angles can be a little tricky if you don't have the old one to use as a template.
M4mark1
England

Re: L23 Require - Bow Top Window Hatch - Tiller Extension - Cooker - Entrance Door to Main Cabin

Post by M4mark1 »

Hi

Excellent thanks so much - i am sure there is more but lets get on the case with this lot -

All the best Mark
Colin Shead
Honorary
Boat Name: Toodle Pip
Yacht Type: Other
Other Boat Type: Moody 28

Post by Colin Shead »

Hi Mark,

Re the 'front door' actually the washboards, this was covered with photos in a recent topic, see:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2488

All the best

Colin
M4mark1
England

Post by M4mark1 »

Morning

Door advise perfect I can make one of those 👍 Hurst couldn't help with hatch or Tiller extension anyone else had to get and from where - Getty mentioned pretty much any chandlery would get - Thanks again
johnc
England
Boat Name: Sea Jay
Yacht Type: Leisure 23SL

Post by johnc »

Mark re the tiller extension. I tried sailing my 23 with one for a while. Just took a standard dinghy on and modified the end to fit onto my autohelm pin. I gave up on it pretty quickly prefering to either let the autohelm do it OR steering with my feet/legs.

Hope this helps

John