There is now an Area News page on the LOA website and members will be encouraged to get in touch with their area contact to let them know what is going on in their area so that this information can be made more generally available.
Hopefully members will be able to let us know a bit more than is generally found on club and marina websites.
At present, this might augment the information on how marinas, clubs and local authorities are responding to Covid 19 advice and what facilities are currently unavailable. You can of course post contemporary information and updates on the LOA Facebook page as well. Hopefully we will soon see more events being posted in the LOA Events page as restrictions ease.
A quick but by no means complete review of the North Area gleaned from members and the web shows the following:
- Windermere Ferry Nab Public Jetty: available – launching, public toilets, trolleys, overnights stays on boats, Dan’s Shack for drinks and food. Missing: public seating except at Dan’s, water hoses, some pontoon placements.
- Coniston sailing club: phased reopening plan published, includes info on toilets, hoses, rescue, pre-booking, etc.
- Ullswater sailing clubs web info: no rescue, restricted parking at Ullswater, limit on numbers and prebooking.
- Kielder Yacht club: open but with restrictions given on the website.
- Rhosneigr, Anglesey (thanks to Fergus Joyce for this update): Racing events and training are still cancelled but there is access to beaches and swinging moorings.
- Glasson, Lancs (thanks to John Howarth): overnight stays permitted, clubhouse toilets open, no bar or clubroom, few boats appear to have been launched, family members only on same boat.
- Conwy (thanks to Steve Murphy): the Conwy River Festival, 22nd to 23rd August, is going ahead but without land based events. See festival website for booking and rules. See the various local marina updates for their Covid restrictions.